Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And away we go...

Here we are. Let's start with the basics. I'm going gluten free for the wellness of my body, mind and soul.

Or because my allergist told me that I have to, for the sake of my digestive tract and immune functioning...

As a southern Italian who is very much in touch with her culture's roots (particularly through their starchy foods) the prospect of living gluten free is extremely daunting. What I hope to do with this blog is share the challenges (and hopefully successes) of my transition to gluten free living as well as recipes, gluten free friendly restaurants and dishes in NYC, and touch on the emotional part of the changes that I need to make for my health and well being.

My hope is that by blogging about my experience, I won't feel alone and that just maybe, someone else struggling with this same change in lifestyle can join with me to make their own gluten free journey a little more okay.

3 comments:

  1. I will be here to read, and offer support if possible.
    You may know this already, but Gluten Free Girl and the Chef (glutenfreegirl.com) are publishing a cookbook. It's out soon. It might give you some good tips/ideas for how to start out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I follow her on twitter. Perfect timing. Thanks Joh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I feel your pain! I have so many food allergies it's ridiculous. But, I've never felt better! Don't get discouraged! Also, check out Amy's in the frozen food section. Great gluten free options for when you don't have a lot of time to cook. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete