Turkey Greek Loaf
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 4 oz light feta cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread (I used Glutino's flax and brown rice bread)
- 1 1/2 tbsp skim milk
- 1 medium onion, diced (red or white/yellow is fine)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp low sodium worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp all spice (I LOVE this one)
Heat a skillet over medium high heat, adding EVOO after 30 seconds. Add chopped onion and 1 tbsp of oregano, crushing it in your hands before adding to skillet to release flavor. Add half of the dried dill. After onion is softened, about 2 - 3 minutes, add garlic, sauteing until fragrant and onions are translucent. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350.
Rip up bread into small pieces and put in the bottom of a medium mixing bowl. Beat egg and add to mixing bowl, along with milk and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Stir. Add cooled onions and garlic, turkey, thawed spinach and crumbled feta. Add 2 tbsp of all spice and remainder of oregano and dill. Mix with hands until well integrated and cohesive.
Grease a metal loaf pan with oil and add meat mixture, pressing down to form a tight loaf. Bake for 20 minutes at 350, and for 10 more at 400 until brown all the way through.