Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Smoothie, take 1.

I have always been a lover of smoothies and milkshakes.  In college, I spent pretty much all of my flex dollars (read McShane Money akin to Toys R Us Geoffrey Bucks) on smoothies from "The Grille."

On fastpaleo and other sites, I constantly see banging smoothie recipes.  Many of which have banana in them, which is unfortunate because I cannot get my boyfriend to even be in the same room with me when I am eating one.  So try to camouflage it all you want, dude knows.  Its his spidey sense.

I felt like getting creative today.  And it was 3:30pm.  And I hadn't eaten anything.  And even though I wasn't particularly hungry, I knew my body needed a little fuel for cleaning.  Got a little creative with fridge contents, and here we are. You can definitely sub another fruit should you desire.  Or chia for flax. More flax/chia for the raw coconut.  And I think this would be great with almond, dairy or hemp milk too. Whateva. Mix it up, baby. Just remember: NO BANANAS ALLOWED.

Smoothie # 1
2 avocados, super ripe
1 champagne mango, diced
2 1/2 cups of coconut milk like Silk Pure Coconut
4 ice cubes
1 tablespoon of flax meal
1 tablespoon of raw coconut
1 teaspoon of organic wildflower honey (optional)
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon of organic, sugar free vanilla extract

Add avocado, 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk, flax, coconut and lime juice to a blender and mix until well combined.  Add ice cubes, mango, honey, vanilla and remainder of coconut milk and blend again.  Slurp with a straw, obvs.

You may want to add more milk or even some water to get it to your personal desired texture.  My mango was super juicy and my avocado very soft so I didn't need any more liquid.

1 comment: